Monday, September 7, 2009

Wrestlers Leg Syndrome

Life Original Subtitulada

On Sunday I took the afternoon watching 'VOS - Original Version Subtitled' , the latest film by Cesc Gay. Ya, ya know, I hasten to more places in the news of the billboard, which is not a very recent release, but had been letting go and decided to close the weekend paying off debt with my love of film of this Catalan handed me a mirror of tenderness in 'Krámpack' and blood made me stand with the subtlety of 'In the City' . And, really, if your last job ( 'Fiction' ) had left me a bit cold, I must confess that 'VOS' I loved it.



The film reflects on how to tell a story, but that 'how', and hence the uniqueness and potential of the film, is not confined to the narrative formula, structure, building a speech; Cesc Gay does not stop at giving lessons in narrative film or script, but addresses the raw material of history itself, that that moves us to say something and, going beyond the trite and stories about the conflict between reality and fiction or the nuances between comedy and drama, gives us an elaborate hymn to life. But beware: I do not mean a display of sensitivity goodism optimistic or gimmicky. It is a hymn to life in so far as this-though not necessarily 'beautiful', with permission from Roberto Benigni, "deserves to be told. In this complex

board four characters are moved under the long shadow of the better Woody Allen, in a microcosm where the pulses on the subject of love, friendship, loneliness, or the routine of the couple, or win or lose, just transform. And few things can be so materials, as physical-and chemical-like not only the threads that move and motivate us human relationships also tells us that 'YOU'. And all this in a scenario where things pass as life itself and also as in the process of writing a script or a film with the same characters jumping the barrier of the stage and devouring scenery and equipment each pulse and technical decision makers.

I can not conclude without highlighting the work of four musicians, but especially of the two actresses, Agata Roca and Vicenta Ndongo. In a word, huge.

'VOS - Original Version Subtitled' (based on a play, to me unknown, Carol Lopez ) is not as original and innovative as intended in the formal, but as history itself seems to me stronger and more powerful than most reviews I read were taken into account. So, being a humble and personal opinion, I recommend you do not fail to see it. It is also stylish and cool comedy, which, as things stand, thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment